When planning the layout for your new home or office, there are many things to consider. But don’t forget about the floor! Below are a few things to have in mind when choosing your floor plan:
- Make sure the flow of traffic makes sense: You don’t want people walking into walls or tripping over furniture. Plan the layout of your rooms so that traffic flows smoothly and there are no bottlenecks.
- Consider the lighting: Natural light is always best, but you’ll also need to think about artificial lighting. Where will the light fixtures be located? Will they provide enough light?
- Take acoustics into account: Sound carries differently in different rooms. If you’re planning on putting a TV in the living room, you’ll want to ensure that the sound won’t carry too much into other parts of the house.
- Think about furniture placement: Again, you don’t want people walking into walls or tripping over furniture. But you’d also want to ensure that your furniture is arranged in a functional and aesthetically pleasing way.
- Don’t forget about the details: If you’re planning on using area rugs, make sure they’re the right size for the room. And if you’re hanging curtains, pay attention to the length and width so that they fit properly.
By considering these five factors, be sure that your floor plan will be both functional and stylish!
Need Floor Planning Services for Your New Home in St. Charles County and the Surrounding Areas?
Contact our team at Accessibility Home Improvement!
We offer several floor planning services, so you’re sure to find one that’s perfect for you! Reach us at 636-400-1634.