You have big plans, but your lot cannot house an addition? It’s not yet time to despair.
Whether you need two or more bedrooms for the kids or make a brand-new private master suite, a second-story building is a perfect addition for a small lot.
This is more than an attic conversion; you’re getting a brand-new second-level living space just on top of your existing living home.
However, like any other additions and remodeling project, you need more planning, and you may probably need special expertise.
Here’s what goes on into a second level addition:
- The lower existing level must be evaluated to ensure the foundation and the existing structures can support the new level.
- The existing floor will have to be remodeled as well to make way for a staircase to the new level
- Some additional structural elements will be added to the existing structure for better support
- The remaining stage is to make it beautiful. An addition should not just appear as a house stuck onto another, instead make it blend well with your existing structure like it belongs there.
- Find out if your home is viable for a second-level addition. This is the most critical step. Not all houses have the capability of supporting a second story. Apart from the design and construction of your existing home, the zoning/building regulations, such as height restrictions, also come into play.
Find out first about your local are building regulations before you go ahead to build a second level.
As part of our remodeling services, we also build room additions of all kinds. Whether it’s a bump-out, a kitchen addition, or second-floor additions, we can build it.
If you are interested in our services, please give us a call, especially if you reside in O’Fallon, MO, and the surrounding areas.