Like most people, you probably think curbless showers, also curb-free showers, are just a luxury item for rich people with big houses. But the truth is, curb-free showers can be a great addition to any home – and there are plenty of good reasons to consider installing one.
For starters, curb-free showers are much more accessible than traditional showers. If you have mobility issues or are simply getting older and not as agile as you used to be, a curbless shower can make a world of difference. There’s no need to step over a high threshold – you can simply walk right in.
Another reason to love curbless showers is that they’re effortless to clean. Since there’s no threshold or lip to deal with, you can sweep or mop the floor and be done with it. No more scrubbing moldy grout lines!
Finally, curb-free showers look sleek and modern. If you’re considering selling your home or want to give it a fresh, new look, a curbless shower is a great way to do it.
Still not convinced? Here are a few more reasons to consider a curbless shower:
- They are ADA compliant, which means they’re accessible for everyone – including people with disabilities.
- They can make small bathrooms feel much bigger and more open.
- They are low maintenance and easy to clean.
- They can give your home a more modern look.
- They are perfect for homes with young children or pets, as there’s no risk of them falling and hurting themselves.
If you’re considering installing a curb-free shower in your home, there are a few things to keep in mind.
- First, you’ll need to ensure that your bathroom is large enough to accommodate a curbless shower.
- Second, you’ll need to choose the correct drain location – either in the middle of the room or off to one side.
- And finally, you’ll need to decide what kind of flooring you want in your new shower. Tile, stone, or concrete are all popular choices.
Ready for Curbless Shower Installation in Your Home?
Contact Accessibility Home Improvement Today. We will help you choose the right size and location for your new shower and walk you through the installation process step-by-step.
In no time at all, you’ll be enjoying all the benefits of having a curbless shower!